Post-Operative Care At Home In Mumbai
Healkin provides home health care after surgery through our physiotherapists, mental wellness professionals, nurses and caregivers. Our in-house doctors discuss with experts and develop a medical care plan considering the patient’s requirements and the family’s preferences. Our professionals look after the holistic well-being of our patients.
We have designed these post-hospital discharge care packages to ensure our patients get holistic care that considers their physical, emotional and mental well-being. Our in-house doctors discuss crafting a medical care plan with a holistic approach to the patient’s well-being with our panel of experts.
We tailor our care packages to the unique requirements of the patient and their families. We maintain a continuum in our services. Furthermore, we ensure consistency in our services.
Benefits Of After Surgery Home Care In Mumbai
Specialities in Post-Operative Care at Home
Our Selection Of In-Home Post-Surgery Care Services
Our home care after a hospital stay is unmatched in Mumbai. We verify our caregivers and nurses. We assign qualified and specialised physiotherapists as per your requirements and preferences. Our mental wellness professionals are competent and empathetic. We ensure that all professionals stick to the medical care plan. We also conduct reassessments at regular intervals. Not only that, but we have a systematic method of keeping daily medical and staff records to ensure that you get a smooth-sailing home care experience.
Caregivers have a vital role in a patient’s home post-surgery care. They provide services ranging from maintaining patients' hygiene to providing companionship.
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): Caregivers help with basic daily tasks like
- Perineal Care
- Medication Management: Our caregivers give medicines to patients under the watchful eye of a relative or assigned nurse. They give medications orally to the patient at specified times.
- Mobility Support: Our caregivers help the patients maintain their exercise schedule by guiding them through the exercises prescribed in the care plan.
- Mobility Assistance, Shifting & Transfering: Our caregivers help shift the patient from place to place, for example, from the bed to the wheelchair, from the wheelchair to the bed, from the bed to the toilet, etc. They help the patients change positions in bed and move about their residence.
- Emotional Support: Our caregivers have a positive outlook on life. They treat our patients with the gentlest touch and always with a smile on their faces. They have a calming effect on the patient and their family. They engage our patients in fun activities and divert their minds from loneliness, depression and anxiety.
- Home Environment: Caregivers help the patient’s family modify the house environment. They rearrange the furniture layout to ensure that the patient can manoeuvre their assistive devices like a walker or crutch without hindrance. They always accompany the patient while they are moving to ensure that there are no falls or injuries.
Healkin’s caregivers support patients and their family members to provide a conducive environment for the patient to recover. They actively involve the patient in activities that bring them joy while maintaining adequate precautions to avoid injury, falls and complications.
Nurses perform important functions for patients who are recovering from surgery. They provide extensive care ranging from Blood pressure checking to maintaining daily records. They manage the medications of the patient and monitor their pain medications closely.
- Monitoring Vital Signs: Healkin’s nurses monitor the patient’s vital signs, like
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Sugar
- Respiration Rate
They promptly report the designated health professional when they notice signs of complications or infection.
- Pain Management: They note the patient’s pain levels and medications. They collaborate with other professionals to help manage the patient’s pain.
- Wound Care: Nurses closely observe the patient’s surgical wounds to check for infection, inflammation and swellings. They change dressings and care for surgical wounds.
- Emotional Support: We instil in our nurses the ability to provide emotional support along with their duties. They help patients express their thoughts and feelings. They are always available to lend a hand or an ear. Likewise, they are sensitive to the patient and their family’s preferences and requirements.
- Medication Management: They monitor the patient’s medications with a keen eye. Nurses arrange medications for the caregiver to give the patients. They keep records of medication administration.
- Communication with the Healthcare Team: They maintain records of medicines, pain levels, signs of complications, and side effects of medicines. Our nurses keep the professionals allotted by Healkin to the patient up to date on the patient’s condition.
- Rehabilitation Coordination: They work closely with doctors, physiotherapists, and caregivers to correctly implement the medical care plan. They help in transitioning seamlessly from hospital to home. They ensure that the patient’s residence is conducive to holistic recovery before the patient arrives.
Nurses are crucial in conglomerating medication management, wound management, communication, pain management and emotional support. We sensitise our nurses to the patient’s emotional needs as well. A Healkin nurse ensures that the patients are cheerful and responsive.
A mental wellness professional plays a vital role in the life of a patient recovering from surgery. They address mental and emotional issues from a psychological perspective and with a clinical approach. They give an ear to hear the patient’s negative thoughts and emotions. They reassure patients through this challenging phase, which is difficult for them and their families. They play the following roles in the life of a patient recovering from surgery:-
- Emotional Support: Healkin’s mental wellness professionals ensure that their sessions provide a safe and supportive space where the patient can freely express their feelings, thoughts and worries related to the transitioning phases of the recovery process.
- Anxiety & Stress Management: They help the patients manage their anxiety and stress towards the surgery. They coach them on life skills like relaxation techniques, mindfulness and breathing exercises so that they can manage their stressful situations calmly.
- Coping Strategies: They teach coping strategies to the patient and their family members to prevent burnout. They guide them to adapt according to situations and emergencies and instil the mindset that giving time to themselves is not wrong.
- Pain Perception & Management: They discuss all aspects of the patient’s pain levels in detail. They use various techniques like guided meditations and Cognitive behaviour therapy to alleviate the pain’s impact on their wellbeing.
- Motivation and Adherence: They help patients stay motivated and maintain consistency with their exercise regimes, schedules, precautions and self-management needed to bolster the chances of full mental recovery.
- Body Image and Self-Esteem: The patient’s self-esteem is impaired greatly after surgery. Many times, they develop a negative body image that may result from surgical scars and drastic changes in anatomy.
- Education: Our counsellors and therapists educate patients and their families on predicted emotions and feelings during recovery. They help the patient understand the impact.
- Support for Family and Caregivers: They offer emotional and mental support to the patient and their family to prevent them from burning out. They facilitate healthy communication among the family to boost understanding, empathy and care for all.
- Preventing and Addressing Mental Health Disorders: Our therapists and counsellors identify and manage early signs of mental health disorders like depression and PTSD that might arise during the recovery period. They work with other professionals to ensure the holistic well-being of the patient.
- Post-Traumatic Growth: Patients and their therapists explore growth opportunities together. These explorations help the patient find meaning and purpose after the surgery and develop the patient’s resilience.
We holistically heal the individual by integrating therapists or counsellors in postoperative home care. There is a strong link between mental and physical well-being. Healkin takes mental health seriously and provides the appropriate resources for helping patients and their families heal and support each other.
Healkin’s physiotherapists play a vital role in optimising and bolstering the functionality and quality of life of a patient who has just undergone surgery. They provide long-term support to the patients in the following ways:
- Assessment and Goal Setting: Healkin’s physiotherapists assess the patient physically on 5 parameters:-
- Physical Condition
- Range of Motion
- Pain Levels
They then set realistic goals as per these parameters with the patient. Our physiotherapists provide exercise and treatment plans per the patient’s unique needs.
- Pain Management: Physiotherapists help manage the patient’s pain by prescribing an exercise regimen to reduce pain and discomfort after surgery. They use ice, heat and electrical stimulation to reduce pain and swelling. They manage the patient’s pain by prescribing and monitoring medications.
- Exercise Regimens: Our physiotherapists are adept at designing exercise plans that holistically help joint mobility, prevent joint and muscle stiffness, improve balance and coordination, and increase muscle strength and endurance. They gradually step up these exercises with the improving condition of the patient to improve muscle endurance and strength. They use functional exercises that help the patient function better in real-life situations and bolster independent mobility and functionality.
- Scar Management: They guide the assigned nurse with instructions that boost tissue and scar healing. They provide wound management guidelines and precautions to avoid any future complications.
- Patient Education: Physiotherapists educate patients on the importance of healthy lifestyle decisions and habits. They guide them in managing themselves and their injuries in the long run.
- Monitoring Progress: Our physiotherapists collaborate with caregivers and nurses to ensure that the patient’s condition improves holistically. They ensure that the medical care plan is implemented carefully.
Healkin’s physiotherapists facilitate a smooth transition from surgery to return to routine life. They communicate effectively with other professionals assigned by Healkin to the patient. Physiotherapists play a major role in postoperative care at home.
Post-operative care at home is crucial for a smooth and successful recovery. It prevents infections and further complications. We provide competent physiotherapists, qualified mental wellness professionals, certified nurses and verified caregivers.
Healkin’s services are backed by the legacy of Dr. Phadke’s labs. We provide comprehensive transitioning from hospital to home. Our clinical team visits the hospital and creates a medical care plan for the patients that considers their unique needs and holistic well-being. We only provide competent physiotherapists, qualified mental wellness professionals, certified nurses and verified caregivers.
Our in-house doctors and team of experts assess the patient’s clinical condition and develop a medical care plan. This medical care plan is solely based on the patient’s condition, needs and requirements. We provide holistic post-operative packages where all our services converge under one roof.